TOPIC: Far Eastern University – Central Student Organization Information Dissemination System
I. GROUP MEMBERS:
Leader: Maverick Adelbert L. Sy
Assistant Technical Leader: Ivan Ray. T. Verzonilla
Secretary: Christian Joy C. Paz
Treasurer: Carlo R. Sampang
Gino E. Dela Cruz
Jenina Ruth M. Leyba
Jeb Aufred C. Nery
II. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY:
Far Eastern University is a total and rich experience in education, culture and the arts, and sports. It takes pride in its eminent founder, Dr. Nicanor Reyes, who teamed up with excellent academics to establish what would eventually become one of the famous universities in the country. 
One of the most prominent institutions that lead students to hone their skills and capabilities not just to excel in academics but also cope with different organizations to become more productive and high standard student leaders in our generation.
Student organizations play a strategic role in molding the intellectual and civic consciousness of students. They serve as fertile grounds that build and nurture the character and dynamisms of young people to search for the truth and contribute to the betterment of society. In effect, student organizations are the bridges that link the intellectual discourse in the classroom to the social realities and the demand of a human community for equity and justice. 
There are 51 recognized student organizations in the University at present that respond to the different needs and interests of the students. Most of them have bulletin boards for information and recruitment purposes. 
There are six institutes composed Far Eastern University (FEU) Institute of Accounts, Business and Finance (IABF), Institute of Arts and Sciences (IAS), Institute of Education (IE), Institute of Architecture and Fine Arts (IARFA), Institute of Nursing (IN) and Institute of Law (IL). Each of them has Institute Councils and their respective academic organizations.
Our group will focus on the Far Eastern University – Central Student Organization (FEUCSO), the university’s mother organization. The role of FEUSCO is to promote students awareness about what is happening in the campus. Knowing by their intellectual capacity and leadership skills, they are worthily able to produce such activities or programs not just for the benefit of their position but to make a link between students and to the society.
In our study, we will focus on their Information Dissemination System – one of their major concerns to upbringing the details of their activities or programs to the students of FEU. And this topic will compare and analyze to the one of the most well known universities in the country which is to Ateneo De Manila University’s – Council of Organizations of the Ateneo (COA). This will serve only as a guide if the Ateneo’s mother organization has a better information dissemination system than FEUCSO or vice versa.
In our TQM Plan, we want to improve their information dissemination, whether it is major or minor in every Institute councils and their respective academic organizations.
FEUCSO has 6 major positions namely: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasure, Auditor, and Public Relations Officer. Each of them has its own duties and responsibilities.
The PRESIDENT, shall be the chief executive officer, preside all the meetings and conduct such negotiations with other institute councils and academic organizations.
The VICE PRESIDENT shall have the direct authority to overall officers as well as committees and serves as an internal authority of the organization.
The SECRETARY shall responsible with the schedule, minutes of the meetings and agendas and prepare all the correspondence needed by the board.
The TREASURER is the spearhead of the financial aspects, safe keeper of the organizational funds and operating the budget in every activities or programs what will propose by the board.
The AUDITOR shall responsible in financial statements, auditing expenses, disbursing and act as the assistant finance officer to report semi-annually and the year end financial report.
and, the PUBLIC RELATION OFFICER shall responsible in promoting all the programs of the organization, and encouraging students to support the organizations activities or programs.
The organization has their committees that are responsible for doing such tasks assignes by the board and also train them to become more competitive student leader/s.
III. PROBLEM STATEMENT
1. How are activities/projects planned and made in FEUCSO?
2. How can FEUCSO possibly influence the planning process?
3. How is information disseminated from FEUCSO to Institute Councils and its academic organizations?
4. Is the method of information dissemination efficient in your opinion? why or why not?
5. What have been the steps taken in the past to improve information dissemination in FEUCSO?
6. What means of information dissemination do you think should be done in order to further improve how information is made known in FEUCSO?
IV. RECOMMENDATION & BENEFIT
Office of the Student Affairs and Community Services (OSACS) is the one who supervises the activities of student organization could assess the paper for the benefit of the students regarding information dissemination of the mother organization.
1. All Students of FEU
2. Regular / Part-Time / Lecturer Faculty Professors
3. Institute Council Officers
4. Academic Organization Officers
This will be a great help from them to know more about the information dissemination system of FEUCSO.
IV. IMPLEMENTATION PLAN
1. Verzonilla, to interview and ask the head of the FEUCSO with regards to the system being done by the university as well as how information is being distributed among organizations.
2. Paz, Sampang, Leyba are to further acquire information regarding sample organizations and ask how they axquire their information from the FEUCSO. Comparing the data from FEUCSO itself with the organizations it is charged with.
3. Sy, to interview and ask one of the organization heads in Ateneo de Manila University regarding the systems done and are being used by the aforementioned university.
4. Dela Cruz, Nery, Chincuanco, are to further acquire secondary information regarding other universities with regards to their system of organizational commuinication.
B. Unit / Person Responsible
b.1 FEUCSO Officers
- Vice President
- Public Relations Officer
- FEUCSO Committees
C. Target Date
1. Feb. 6 Sy, to interview the Ateneo organization head of the Electronics and Communications Department.
2. Feb. 8-10 Verzonilla, to interview the FEUCSO president.
3. Feb. 11-15 Set meeting for the summarization and analysis of the data acquired by Leyba, Sampang, Dela Cruz, Nery, Chincuanco, and Paz
4. Feb. 16-21 Full intergration of primary and secondary data, and analysis with recommendations.
D. Estimated Budget
Php 100.00 / per head x 8 = 800.00
 (Far Eastern University Student Handbook, 2009-2010)
 (Far Eastern University Student Handbook, 2009-2010)
 (50 student organizations, Wikipedia Encyclopedia)